Click here for a copy of the Grandcare brochure
Who is this service for?
Wanslea provides services for grandparents who are raising their grandchildren (full-time) on an informal basis.
How does it work?
- 1800 Information and Registration Line - 1800 794 909
This information line provides initial support and information for grandparents who have recently taken on the responsibilities of caring for their grandchildren.
Grandcarers can register on this phone line and will be sent details of their local support group, as well as other helpful information as required.
- who to speak to at Centrelink now that you are a Grandcarer
- who can help with children’s behaviour management difficulties
- how to negotiate some of your government/ legal problems
- who to turn to for other forms of assistance for you and your grandchildren
Currently there are 12 support groups in Western Australia. They are located in:
- Narrogin – associate group run locally and supported by Wanslea
An important function of support groups is to help grandcarers overcome their feelings of isolation. Our support groups offer a friendly chat, a cup of tea and a chance to get to know others in similar circumstances. You can learn about local activities for yourself and for your grandchildren.
Please phone 1800 794 909 if you wish to know more about our Grandcare service. All registration details are held confidentially and you can call for information any time during business hours. The Grandcare services is provided throughout Western Australia.
Click here for a copy of the Grandcare brochure.
The service is provided by Wanslea Family Services and funded by the State Government through the Department of Communities.