Early Childhood Practitioners - Perth Metropolitan, South West & Great Southern region
Salary: $84,846 - $95,685 per annum pro rata (including salary packaging)
Contract: Full time & Part time
Job Type: Early Years
Location: Perth Metropolitan & Great Southern
Early Childhood Practitioner - Perth Metropolitan, South West & Great Southern region
A challenging and rewarding opportunity has become available at Wanslea across various locations to take a key role in the provision of best-practice early childhood assessment, planning and early intervention for children with developmental delays and/or disability and their families.
Who We Are
Wanslea was founded over 75 years ago and supports children and adults from a range of cultural backgrounds.
Wanslea is an inclusive employer.
We are a values based organisation, living and breathing our values of respect, integrity and collaboration. If you share these values read on …
What’s in it for you?
- Amazing people. Rewarding team culture with flexible working conditions
- Unique opportunity to work in an organisation passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Comprehensive orientation and induction with ongoing supervision to reach your potential
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Generous salary packaging options
- Excellent additional employee benefits including discounted childcare rates at our amazing early learning and development centres
- Paid break between Christmas and New Year
We are looking for professional, passionate and engaging individuals with extensive knowledge and experience of early childhood development, the early intervention sector, an understanding of the NDIS and early childhood intervention best practice principles.
- Provide best practice specialist support services to children who have a developmental delay or disability
- Work with children and their families to determine needs and appropriate specialised early intervention support
- Undertake early childhood assessments and prepare reports
- Develop individual plans in partnership with families
- Initiate collaborative professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders including children’s service providers, community and specialist services and the region’s LAC provider
- Identify and provide information and referrals to families that reflect their needs and links them into appropriate universal and specialist services to meet their child’s developmental needs
- Deliver high quality ECEI services in accordance with the program guidelines, ECEI best practice principles and relevant legislative obligations
|12 month fixed term full time||
Armadale, Murdoch, Bibra Lake, Wanneroo, Currambine, Subiaco, Midland, Bunbury
|Permanent part time||Great Southern (Albany, Mt Barker, Katanning)|
You will bring with you all the essential criteria ….
- Degree in Allied Health (Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology or Physiotherapy) or other relevant professional field
- At least 3 years’ experience working with children incorporating specialised and complex intervention strategies
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of the issues, trends and legislation underpinning the provision of early intervention services to people with developmental delay and/or disability
- Proven ability to complete complex child development assessments and reports
- Proven organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet agreed deadlines
- Strong administrative and procedural skills with exceptional eye for detail
- Demonstrated understanding of ‘child safe’ environment
- Satisfactory current National Police Clearance
- Current Working With Children Card
If you have a genuine passion for supporting and empowering children and their families… Apply Now
Send us your resume and a short cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of the selection criteria
Applications close Sunday 15 December 2019. However Wanslea reserves the right to close the advertisement prior to this date so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible
For this role you must apply online through Seek as emailed applications cannot be accepted.