Supervising Officer - Outside School Hours Care - Fremantle
Job is archived
Salary: $61,107 - $63,416 per annum pro rata
Contract: Permanent part time
Job Type: Early Years
Supervising Officer - Outside School Hours Care
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced and motivated person to join our team as the Supervising Officer at our Outside School Hours Care service
Who We Are
Wanslea was founded over 75 years ago and supports children and adults from a range of cultural backgrounds.
Wanslea is an inclusive employer.
We are a values based organisation, living and breathing our values of respect, integrity and collaboration. If you share these values read on …
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with amazing people
- Fremantle location
- Permanent part time (30 hours per week)
- Unique opportunity to work in an organisation which is passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Ongoing professional development and in-house training
- Paid break between Christmas and New Year
- Many additional employee benefits including but not limited to; discounted childcare rates at our amazing early learning and development centres, ability to purchase additional leave, income replacement insurance and access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive salary
We are looking for a strong, dedicated and passionate leader who has demonstrated skills providing a high quality outside school hours care service, programming and planning of daily activities and promoting and monitoring quality standards of care
- Ensure all interactions with children are positive and reflect the philosophy and policies of the service, Education and Care Services National Law (WA) Act 2012 and Regulations, including My Time Our Place Framework
- Develop, implement and evaluate programs that are based on the developmental needs and interests of children
- Develop and implement appropriate rules and limits in accordance with the service’s policies
- Ensure the environment in which children learn and play is clean, hygienic and safe; and ensure children’s nutritional requirements are met
- Ensure the service is inclusive and responsive to the needs of families
- Work effectively with families in caring for children and promote and support family involvement in the service
- Responsible for daily operations of the service to ensure that the service is monitored and maintained within a legal framework and provide regular reports
- Be responsible for the operations of the service
- Guide and support the team to develop their skills and knowledge
- Effectively lead and support the team within legislative requirements and service policy and procedures
You will bring with you all the essential criteria ….
- Hold a Supervisor Certificate as required by the Education and Care Services Law and Regulations (WA) Act 2012
- Certificate IV Out of School Care or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Education and Care Services Law and Regulations (WA) Act 2012
- Ability to coordinate a range of recreational and leisure activities for primary school aged children
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of ‘child safe’ environment
- Current satisfactory National Police Clearance
- Current Working with Children Card
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate
If you want to make a real difference in a child’s life … Apply Now
Send us your resume and a short cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of the selection criteria
This position will remain open until filled
For this role you must apply online through Seek as emailed applications cannot be accepted.
Wanslea reserves the right to close the advertisement prior, so we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.