Wanslea is a caring, community-based organisation providing respite, emergency, short, medium and long term foster care services for children under 18 years.
Non-denominational and not for profit, Wanslea has been serving Western Australian families for over 75 years.
Our foster care program offers volunteer carers the following:
- excellent supervision and support from Social Workers and Family Support Workers
- easy access to Wanslea offices throughout Perth and the Bindjareb/Mandurah area. We have offices in Scarborough, Belmont, Clarkson and Mandurah
- placement support when needed in the home delivered by our skilled Family Support Workers
- practical assistant in the provision of child care equipment
- support from community groups and businesses who value the service given to the community by foster carers
- clear policies and procedures
- after hours on-call support service by a team of Social Workers seven days a week
- regular training in a relaxed environment
- peer support from other foster carers
- family and children events throughout the year
- prompt payment of foster care subsidies and reimbursement of expenses.
Foster Care Information Sessions 2021
Children all over WA need foster carers for a period of nights, weeks, months or years. Foster carers can be married, single, working or not working, with or without children.
Do you have room in your heart and home for a child in need? Come along to one of our Foster Care Information Sessions.
Dates for the 2021 Foster Care Information Sessions - click here
In the meantime if you would like to know more about fostering, please contact us on:
(08) 9245 2441 or
alternatively you can visit our Fosternow website at: www.fosternow.com.au
Foster Care in the
Wanslea Foster Care offers foster care in the Great Southern region of Western Australia. The Great Southern comprises the City of Albany and the Shires of Broomehill-Tambellup, Cranbrook, Denmark, Gnowangerup, Jerramungup, Katanning, Kent, Kojonup, Plantagenet and Woodanilling.
Wanslea Foster Carers are supported by professional staff, learning and development and access to equipment and other resources.
If you or someone you know lives in the Great Southern region and would like to find out more about fostering at Wanslea why not call us on 9843 0077 to speak to one of our staff.
Call 9843 0077 for more information or click here to go to our Fosternow website.